About This qualification is designed to provide people with a range of skills and knowledge required in making and processing travel arrangements within retail and wholesale travel. Retail travel covers both leisure and corporate, wholesale travel covers both inbound and outbound. People awarded with this qualification will have the skills and knowledge required to be employed in entry level areas of the travel industry.
What You Will Learn People awarded with this qualification will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of tourist characteristics and needs, the business of Tourism , destination New Zealand, world tourism, and work roles in tourism.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills as well as learn the skills involved in using the English language and mathematics in the tourism and travel industry
- Amadeus – provides the technology which keeps the travel sector moving – from initial search to making a booking, from pricing to ticketing, from managing reservations to managing check-in and departure processes. You will learn on the live system that is used by the travel and airline industry around the world.
- You will learn a detailed knowledge of specific travel regions, and have a broad knowledge of world geography relevant to customer’s needs.
- A flight attending workshop is included in the course which makes it an even more attractive qualification to gain.
Qualifications You Will Earn Through completing this course you will gain the National Certificate in Travel (Retail Strand) Level 3.
Further Study and Employment Below is a list of some of the many jobs that you could apply for after completing your Travel course here at Avonmore. You could work: at a travel & tourism information centre for an airline for hotels for rental car companies at a travel agency as a tour guide You may also choose given your success in Travel here at Avonmore, to progress onto Tourism Management.
Entry Requirements National Certificate in Tourism Level 3 or on a case by case basis.
Fees and Start Dates
Youth Guarantee: Free Fee paying: Course Fees ZERO FEES! Course Related Costs $316 Total $316
23 February 2015
23 March 2015
18 May 2015 FULL
15 June 2015 FULL
31 August 2015
28 September 2015
15 May 2015
12 June 2015
7 August 2015
4 September 2015
20 November 2015
18 December 2016
Where can I study? You can study for this course at the Avonmore Christchurch Campus