New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology (Technical Support) Level 5
This is an entry level qualification that will give students a broad understanding of the core concepts and practical skills in Information Technology (IT), with a hands-on, technical support focus.
On this course you will learn a range of skills designed to meet your future employment requirements. Students will learn in an environment that aims to closely simulate that to which students may experience in future industry experiences.
- Application Development
- Business Analysis and Design
- Hardware and System Software Support
- Networking and Security
- Intermediate Hardware and Support
- Information Management and Security
- Intermediate Networking and Security
- Introduction to Cloud Technologies
Qualifications and certifications gained on completion of this programme will include:
- New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology (Technical Support) Level 5
- CompTIA A+ (Fundamentals and Essential Skills)
It is highly recommended that students studying Computer Network Engineering build on the skills they have learnt to date and continue on to the Level 6 programme which will give the student valuable business and information systems training. This training is vital to increasing quality employment outcomes in the future.
Students who have completed the New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology Level 5 will be given first priority, however entry into the programme for existing and new students is at Avonmore’s discretion. Students who have completed the Certificate programme will have their qualification cross credited to the New Zealand Diploma and will only have a further 18 weeks to complete.
To gain entry into this programme students will need to meet the following minimum requirements:
• 17 years of age
• NCEA Level 2
Students who do not meet the above academic criteria may be offered the opportunity to sit a numeracy and literacy assessment if students. This will be offered at Avonmore’s discretion.
• A genuine desire to work in the ICT industry
All students must undertake an information session where they will be assessed for suitability. Students are accepted onto all courses at Avonmore’s discretion.
Course Related Costs: $1000**
* Please note that students who have completed the New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology Level 5 before continuing onto this Diploma programme, who were offered the FREE FEES Scholarship by Avonmore will have their fees appropriately reduced.
Students with a scholarship from Avonmore will pay –
Reduced Fees: $4,712
Reduced Course Related Costs: $300
** Please note regional variation to course related costs may exist. Please contact your closest campus for confirmation of all details on 0800 4 AVONMORE.
Start Dates 2017:
|20 November 2017||31 August 2018|
Start Dates 2018:
11 February 2019
22 April 2019
8 February 2019
12 April 2019
21 June 2019
30 August 2019
This is a 36 week programme + holidays.
This course is available at the following campuses: