This qualification is designed to kick start students wishing to enter the Tourism and Travel industry by learning the foundation knowledge required to advance into further education or employment in industry.
Students will learn about:
- Communication and customer service experiences and in the tourism industry
- Cross-cultural communication for the tourism industry
- Learn about the tourism industry in New Zealand and around the world.
- Identify and self evaluate a specific role in the tourism industry
- Wholesale travel
- The legal rights and responsibilities of employees and employers in the tourism industry
- Demonstrate sales functions
- Environmental responsibility in industry
- Support mechanisms for customers withs specific needs
Through completing this course you will gain the New Zealand Certificate in Tourism (Tourism and Travel Strand) Level 3.
After completion of the NZ Certificate in Tourism Level 3, students can apply to enrol in the New Zealand Certificate in Travel Level 4.
Below is a list of some of the many jobs that you could apply for after completing your Tourism course here at Avonmore.
You could work at a travel & tourism information centre for an airline, for hotels, for rental car companies or as a tourism guide.
NCEA Level 2
Students who do not meet the above requirements may be offered the opportunity to sit a numeracy and literary assessment in lieu of the NCEA requirement. Students will be offered this at Avonmore’s discretion.
Course Related Costs $330
FREE FEES – this course has the option to apply for FREE FEES – contact us for more details.
Start Dates 2017:
|16 March 2018
20 April 2018
Start Dates 2018:
1 February 2019
29 February 2019